Lady Freyja...Free verse UPG

candle in window Pictures, Images and Photos

A bit of free verse I wrote tonight. Going through some personal things, and of course the Lady knows what I need to hear...

Lady Freyja

Lady Freyja
Mistress of life and death
Wed of the Wanderer Odr
Come shining brightness

Darkness is powerless
It cannot touch
The luster of pure gold.

I Hail your names
Which are many
As numerous as the stars
Or a single flame

Burning in the window
Burning ceaseless through the night
Drawing home the wanderer.

A ladder of flame I see
When I close my eyes
Almost like a shaft of wheat

"In a single flame...
Lives every flame..."
I hear these words
But they are not my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox of Open Mindedness

The God Files: Freyr

Going Heathen: A guide for transitioners