Bitching about Bitching: The life of (some) Heathens

It seems like I have been running into alot of posts, statuses, and general rants this week in relation to personal accountability as a heathen. What I mean in blunt terms is that I have heard alot of people bitching about this or that person who is a heathen online, but not in life, etc. Which on some level amusing because the same people are posting this sort of thing in every forum ONLINE, but I digress.


Now, I understand the frustration a so called "real" heathen might feel when heathenry in general seems to be rising in popularity, and with this influx comes the heathen version of the dreaded "fluffy." As someone dedicated intimately to Freyja, trust me, I get it. So often I hear newbies relegate my Goddess to the same realm as any other "love goddess," or even worse called the sexual aspect of Frigg. To me this represents a gross misrepresentation of the fullness that is Freyja. I do what I can as an individual to state  my thoughts about this issue when I hear such things. Then I move on...

What I don't get is why some heathens cannot simply let the actions of another go. I understand that if this person is in your kindred, or involved intimately in your life, you want to be wary of a person portraying a false portrait of what heathenry is within your personal tradition. But when you are ranting about people ONLINE who you have never met nor seen in reality, and are in no way involved in your life, WHY?

You make yourself look just as foolish by making assumptions about a virtual stranger. And besides this, what is the point in calling out an anonymous stranger, or supposedly existing group of people, just to bitch about how they are not heathen enough for your taste...

I planned on writing a long post about this issue, but really, I have nothing more that is relevant to say at the mo.
I wish that more were interested about spreading relevant information with practical value to heathens, rather than simply spewing about what is HEATHEN enough. Perhaps if they did, there would be less so called fluffies invading heathenry.

JUST A THOUGHT.

In Frith
Cena


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox of Open Mindedness

The God Files: Freyr

Going Heathen: A guide for transitioners