My Gratitude to the Vanir


I lie in pain, upon my bed

The muscles clench, I gasp

Yet still I think of you

My goddess, Freyja

My lord, Freyr

Njord of the frothy sea

I think of the blessings in my life

I smile as the pain wracks me

Peace lies beyond the physical

Though my body violated

My heart lies still and quiet

I know love

Beyond my imagining

I know security

In the words from his mouth

My hnoss lies sleeping,

Oblivious to the pain

All is well and quiet

My pain is the price

This short time a sacrifice

I will endure it

In your name

I will force myself up

Hobble to the harrow

Like a decrepit aged hag

Though I am young

Endure the lightning strike

Light three candles in your name

Because the pain shall pass

But this peace shall endure

So I give it to you

As payment, still far too little

When weighed against

Those precious gifts

You pour upon me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox of Open Mindedness

The God Files: Freyr

Going Heathen: A guide for transitioners