A Call for Pagan Writers! Updated Contact Information!
Hey everyone,
I apologize for not posting in the last week or so, I have been very busy lately. I have been working feverishly on the Vanir Glyphs book again after letting it sit for awhile. For some reason I have felt very inspired about the past several weeks and have been working on it daily. I am very happy to say that it should be completed by the end of the week, fingers crossed. Then I begin editing and formatting...yay.
I also have been working on some others things, namely a freelance writing gig. I was approached about a month ago by someone who is starting a pagan/heathen business called Cinnabarys in Oklahoma who asked me to write a few book reviews for the site, which is in development. The business will begin as an online retailer of pagan supplies and wares, and will also be opening a brick and mortar shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I was skeptical at first because those kinds of opportunities rarely come knocking at ones doorstep (or blog comments). However I decided to give it a try and see if it was legitimate.
And it was! I just received my first check for my first real freelancing job, and as of now am working on a couple articles, one about what Vanatru is and the other will be a brief overview of the Vanir gods. I have to say I have been very impressed with the contractor and am very happy to have taken the chance. The owner of the site is looking for more writers for the site and asked me if I knew anyone else who might be interested, so I told her I would try and spread the word. It can be very hard to find legitimate writing jobs in the pagan and heathen communities, especially if one does not have a large following. The owner is looking for pagan and heathen writers from all walks of life, hoping that their association with the business will be mutually beneficial to both.
What they are looking for:
UPDATE!!!
Cinnabarys had now created a contact page where you can contact them in reference to the freelance writing jobs, or speak to them about if you are a wholesaler or an artist with pagan wares you might like to show them to see if they are interested in stocking them.
Contact Cinnabarys at this link: http://cinnabarys.com/contact_us.php
I have spoken to Rebecca and she says they are still looking for 5-7 freelance writers for the current year, so plenty of spots still available!
I apologize for not posting in the last week or so, I have been very busy lately. I have been working feverishly on the Vanir Glyphs book again after letting it sit for awhile. For some reason I have felt very inspired about the past several weeks and have been working on it daily. I am very happy to say that it should be completed by the end of the week, fingers crossed. Then I begin editing and formatting...yay.
I also have been working on some others things, namely a freelance writing gig. I was approached about a month ago by someone who is starting a pagan/heathen business called Cinnabarys in Oklahoma who asked me to write a few book reviews for the site, which is in development. The business will begin as an online retailer of pagan supplies and wares, and will also be opening a brick and mortar shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I was skeptical at first because those kinds of opportunities rarely come knocking at ones doorstep (or blog comments). However I decided to give it a try and see if it was legitimate.
And it was! I just received my first check for my first real freelancing job, and as of now am working on a couple articles, one about what Vanatru is and the other will be a brief overview of the Vanir gods. I have to say I have been very impressed with the contractor and am very happy to have taken the chance. The owner of the site is looking for more writers for the site and asked me if I knew anyone else who might be interested, so I told her I would try and spread the word. It can be very hard to find legitimate writing jobs in the pagan and heathen communities, especially if one does not have a large following. The owner is looking for pagan and heathen writers from all walks of life, hoping that their association with the business will be mutually beneficial to both.
What they are looking for:
- Pagan authors of all kinds, from a variety of traditions
- Specialists in one or more traditions or practices, for example Kemeticism, Hellenistic, Wicca, Shamanism
- Individuals with extensive knowledge of spell working or spellcasting to write primers for beginners
- An experienced herbalist with "chops" aka verifiable education, experience, skills, and wide knowledge base on herbs and their use in pagan practice.
Requirements
- Must provide samples or examples of writing, this can be blogs, websites, etc. for the owner to review basic writing abilities before contract is offered
- Must have an acceptable and reliable payment method to receive payment, Paypal preferred or be willing to accept money order if you prefer to wait for a check in the mail
- Must have email address and be able to respond to communications in a timely manner
- Must sign Non-Disclosure agreement/ Contract for work
- Upon payment all rights to articles and reviews will be given to Cinnabarys (name of the business)
- First assignment will be one or more book reviews to establish writing ability, after this the owner may hire you for more lengthy articles on specific topics.
Reimbursement:
- $25.00 per book review, 350 word bare minimum
- $50.00 per subject article, 900 word bare minimum
- More may be paid for lengthier works in the future upon agreement with the owners.
If you have any questions about my experience working with Cinnabarys, please feel free to comment or email me at chummycena@yahoo.com. If you are interested in working for them as well you may contact me at the email above or contact the owner Rebecca directly at thedragon@cinnabarys.com.
The online site is still being developed at Cinnabarys.com, but my personal reviewer page can be accessed her as an example of how your reviews may appear on the site, plus/minus some tweaks.
Cinnabarys can be accessed on Facebook
Also on Pinterest
If you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment or email me and I will give you the scoop.
In Frith
Cena
Thanks Cena for putting the word out!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete