|Photo: istockphoto.com/Monika Adamczyk|
These sachets are very simple to make and can be combined with a great many items for almost any purpose on the magical spectrum, from healing to cursing, with little chance that anyone would suspect they are anything other than a practical item. I will share the instructions for two of the ones I made, one for healing and another for love.
Healing Lavender Scent Sachet
Lavender Essential Oil
Paper Envelope or Fabric bag
Lavender Loose Herbs
Any Loose Herbs for Healing
Small Quartz Point
Take a small portion of uncooked white rice and add ten-twenty drops of essential oil. ( whatever amount you are comfortable with the intensity of the scent). Mix and let air dry, particularly if using a paper sachet so as not to stain the paper. Charge stones per your personal technique. (Amethyst for healing and quartz to collect and dispel pain and negative energy). When rice had dried, combine all items into envelope or pouch and seal the sachet. Shake to add energy and mix all ingredients. Done.
Love and Attraction Scent Sachet
Rose Essential Oil
Paper Envelope or Fabric Pouch
Dried Rose Petals
Love Herbal Blends
Small Quartz Point
Small Stone Associated with Love
Take a small portion of uncooked white rice and add ten-twenty drops of essential oil. ( whatever amount you are comfortable with the intensity of the scent). Mix and let air dry, particularly if using a paper sachet so as not to stain the paper. Charge stones per your personal technique. (Quartz stone charged to attract love and the qualities you wish for in a lover, other stones you associate with love charged similarly) When rice had dried, combine all items into envelope or pouch and seal the sachet. Shake to add energy and mix all ingredients. Done.
Tips and Tricks
- Much like a charm bag, these sachets can be used for almost any magical purpose, depending on your choice in herbs, stones, and scents and their correspondences.
- Like pretty stuffs? Using printed scrapbook paper or fabric to make your sachets. There are loads of very simple diys for folding envelopes, making fabric bags, and making sachets to be found on pinterest and many other craft blogs. Even the most helpless crafter can pull this off.
- You can personalize sachets to even more specific purposes or intents by adding other items such as sigils, bindrunes, symbols, talismans, etc.
- Make deity specific sachets to help you connect to your chosen divinity. Simply use items and scents that correspond to them or even things that symbolize them for you personally.
- At your own discretion: Giving scent sachets as "gifts" could be an easy way to bring less than benevolent energy into the possession of that special "frenemy" without their notice.
- Want someone to do the work for you? I found this free printable version of rose and lavender sachet envelopes on The Sassaby Blog that I think are beautiful. Download and Print HERE for free!
- For fabric sachets, be sure to use fabrics that breathe such as cotton or muslin so the scent can escape easily.
Hope you enjoy this post, and let me know what you think or if you have any comments.