A Spell Bottle for Courage, Calm, and a Clear Path

Just because I like this image!
 He looks like he's got something brewing as well!

I made my first spell bottle the other day, as I have been wanting to create one for awhile and finally have an issue large enough I feel a little magic might be helpful. My old man is flying in from Ireland next Tuesday and I couldn't be happier, or more nervous! As someone prone to panic attacks, this is NO BUENO! So I decided to do a little bottle spell during the Full Moon last week, simply to enable me to stay as calm as possible as well as have a safe trip to the airport, which is a considerable drive from where I live here in the boonies.

I didn't want anything too involved, so I relied mostly on finding items for the bottle that served this purpose, and writing an appropriate charm to go along with it. I decided to make the base out of olive oil, so I could easily shake up the bottle whenever I felt I need a dose of calm and serenity.

I chose the full moon as it was a Supermoon, meaning that this full moon was a bit closer to earth than normal, I figured it would give the spell a boost.

Here is a list of the ingredients I added to the spell bottle and their correspondences.

Eggshell Powder: For grounding and protection from obstacles.
Sea Salt: For elemental earth and more grounding
Rosemary: For feminine power and cleansing of emotion
Lavender: For calm and healing
Gold flakes: For an injection of Vanir energy and courage
Blue Flakes: This was the most central ingredient, for its blue color, to promote clarity of mind and calmness
Rose Petals: For love, home grown by myself
Sage: for purification and protection
Small Parchment: written words of the charm tied with green thread for earth/grounding

I also cleansed the bottle and anointed it beforehand with Blue Moon water I made on the last Blue moon, for its supposedly miraculous properties. Why? Because I need a miracle to keep calm in these types of situations. LOL.

The charm I composed was tailored specifically to the situation so I won't bother transcribing it all, but the central verse was similar to this...

Quiet in mind, Courage in heart
In Love we meet and in Truth depart. 

After I created the bottle, charged it and sealed it, it was nearing nighttime. I took the bottle outside and walk three circles around the tree in my yard, clockwise, while reciting main verse of the charm. I did this spontaneously simply because I tried this once before with my sacred tree and the result was amazing. I'm pretty sure the people who drove by my house twice during this thought I was a bit crazy, but oh well, TOURISTS. I left the bottle out beneath the tree overnight and retrieved it in the morning.

It seems to have worked pretty well so far, though it really is geared to the specific day itself when I have to pick him up. I shake it everyday and have felt much calmer since its creation. Whether this is due to the spell itself or simply mental suggestion, who knows? We will see how it works out next week!

Have you ever made a spell bottle? For what purpose? Did it work well for you?

In Frith,
Cena


Comments

  1. I love this little bunny image! Do you remember where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on google image search for woodcuts, not sure where it originated though. =(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox of Open Mindedness

Going Heathen: A guide for transitioners

Misconceptions about Vanatru: What it is and what it isn't